“Improving the care of patients suffering from acute or chronic pain”
is the ambitious goal of the IMI-PAINCARE Consortium. This Consortium is composed of 40 participants from 14 countries; 6 are EFPIA (European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations) participants with strong traditions in pain research and development, 23 are internationally renowned academic and clinical institutions, 5 are specialist SMEs with cutting-edge technologies, 3 are patient organizations and 3 are professional pain/anesthesia societies.
Objectives of IMI-PainCare are:
- Alignment on outcomes in acute postoperative and chronic pain which enable follow-up of treatment success in clinical practice and are suitable for use in clinical trials for drug development.
- Refining preclinical pain models and enhancing their translation into the clinic;
- Identification of translatable pharmacodynamic biomarkers to prove target engagement in the clinical development of new analgesics;
- Providing new approaches for patient stratification in clinical trials;
- Supporting decision making in clinical practice;
- Disseminating the findings broadly, including to decision makers.
More information about the project and the different topics can be found here.